- Using Chawadi.
You agree and understand that www.Chawadi.com is an internet enabled electronic platform that facilitates communication for the purposes of advertising and distributing information pertaining to goods and/ or services. You further agree and understand that we do not endorse, market or promote any of the listings, postings or information, nor do we at any point in time come into possession of or engage in the distribution of any of the goods and/ or services, you have posted, listed or provided information about on our site. While interacting with other users on our site, with respect to any listing, posting or information we strongly encourage you to exercise reasonable diligence as you would in traditional off line channels and practice judgment and common sense before committing to or complete intended sale, purchase of any goods or services or exchange of information. We recommend that you read our Safety tips before doing any activity on our site.
While making use of Chawadi classifieds and other services such as the discussion forums, comments and feedback and other services you will post in the appropriate category or area and you agree that your use of the Site shall be strictly governed by this AUP including the policy for listing of your Classified which shall not violate the prohibited and restricted items policy (herein after referred to as the Listing Policy.) (Listing Policy) The listing policy shall be read as part of this AUP and is incorporated in this AUP by way of reference:
- ” Your Information” is defined as any information you provide to us or other users of the Site during the registration, posting, listing or replying process of classifieds, in the feedback area (if any), through the discussion forums or in the course of using any other feature of the Services. You agree that you are the lawful owner having all rights, title and interest in your information, and further agree that you are solely responsible and accountable for Your Information and that we act as a mere platform for your online distribution and publication of Your Information.
- You agree that your listing, posting and / or Information :
- shall “not be fraudulent, misrepresent, mislead or pertain to the sale of any illegal, counterfeit, stolen goods and / or services
- shall not pertain to good , services of which you are not the lawful owner or you do not have the authority or consent to ‘list’ which do not belong to you or you do not have the authority for.
- shall not infringe any intellectual property, trade secret, or other proprietary right or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party.
- shall not consist of material that is an expression of bigotry, racism or hatred based on age, gender, race, religion, caste, class, lifestyle preference, and nationality and / or is in the nature of being derogatory, slanderous to any third party.
- shall not be obscene, contain pornography or contain “indecent representation of women” within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986.
- shall not distribute or contain spam, multiple / chain letters, or pyramid schemes in any of its forms.
- shall not distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Chawadi or the interests or property of Chawadi users or impose an unreasonable load on the infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Chawadi.
- shall not, directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any goods and services, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- shall not be placed in a wrong category or in an incorrect area of the site.
- shall not be placed in any other Chawadi site except on the site that relates to the city in which you are located.
- shall not list or post or pertain to information that is either prohibited or restricted under the laws of the Republic of India and such listing, posting or information shall not violate Chawadi’s Listing Policy.
- You consent to receive communications by email, call or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise related to the services provided through the website.
- You agree that your listing, posting and / or Information: if you use the Site by registering on the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID, password, email address and for restricting access to your computer, computer system, computer network and your Chawadi account, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and password. If you access the Site using any electronic device other than by registration on the Site, the AUP remains applicable to you in the same manner as if you are a registered user on the Site.
Use of www.Chawadi.com,either by registration or by any other means, is available only to persons, who are Citizens of the Republic of India, who are 18 yrs of age and above and persons who can enter into a legally binding contract, and or are not barred by any law for the time being in force. If you access Chawadi, either by registration on the Site or by any other means, not as an individual but on behalf of a legal entity, you represent that you are fully authorized to do so and the listing, posting or information placed on the site on behalf of the legal entity is your responsibility and you agree to be accountable for the same to other users of the Site.
- Abuse of Chawadi
You agree to inform us if you come across any listing or posting that is offensive or violates our listing policy or infringes any intellectual property rights by clicking on the following link support@Chawadi.com to enable us to keep the site working efficiently and in a safe manner. We reserve the right to take down any posting, listing or information and or limit or terminate our services and further take all reasonable technical and legal steps to prevent the misuse of the Site in keeping with the letter and spirit of this AUP and the listing policy. In the event you encounter any problems with the use of our site or services you are requested to report the problem by clicking on this link support@Chawadi.com
- Violations by User
You agree that in the event your listing, posting or your information violates any provision of this AUP or the listing policy, we shall have the right to terminate and or suspend your membership of the Site and refuse to provide you or any person acting on your behalf, access to the Site.
The Site contains content which includes Your Information, Chawadi’s information and information from other users. You agree not to copy, modify, or distribute such content (other than Your Information), Chawadi’s copyrights or trademarks. When you give us any content as part of Your Information, you are granting us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, , publish, translate, distribute, perform and display such content (in whole or part) worldwide through the Site as well as on any of our affiliates or partners websites, publications and mobile platform. We need these rights with respect to the content in Your Information in order to host and display your content. If you believe that there is a violation, please notify us by clicking here support@Chawadi.com
We reserve the right to remove any such content where we have grounds for suspecting the violation of these terms and our Listing Policy or of any party’s rights.
You agree not to hold www.Chawadi.com or any of its officers, employees, agents responsible or accountable for any of your listing, postings or information and nor shall we, our officers, employees or agents be liable for any misuse, illegal activity or third party content as most postings, listings or information are generated by various users directly and we do not have any role in the creation, publication or distribution of the posting, listing or information, nor are we in a position to have editorial control over the substance or content contained in the listings, postings, or information, save and except to the extent provided in sec 3 above.
You understand and agree that we do not guarantee the accuracy or legitimacy of any listing, posting, and information by other users. You further agree that we are not liable for any loss of money, goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of the site or as a result of any sale, purchase of goods and services with other users of the site. We also cannot guarantee continuous or secure access to our Services. Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we exclude all implied warranties, of merchantability, fitness or quality of the Site and our services.
- Personal Information
You agree that, we may share personally identifiable data of any individual to our agents or recruiters or Affiliates defined as any person directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by, or under direct or indirect common control with, Chawadi, including its subsidiaries and associate companies.
We may update this AUP or the listing policy at any time and may notify you of such updates via a post on the boards and /or through email communications. The modified AUP and /or Listing Policy shall come into effect either at the time you place your next posting, listing or information on the Site or after a period of 30 days from the date of the update, whichever is sooner. If we or our corporate affiliates are involved in a merger or acquisition, we may share personal information with another company, but this AUP shall continue to apply.
- Third Party Content and Services
Further, user’s interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the service, including payment and delivery of goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between the user and such organization and/or individual. The user should make whatever investigation they feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any offline or online transaction with any of these third parties.
The User should agree to indemnify and hold Chawadi, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of content submitted by the user, users use of the service, violation of the TOU, breach by the user of any of the representations and warranties herein, or user’s violation of any rights of another.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction
This AUP and the Listing Policy shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India and the courts at Mumbai shall have exclusive jurisdiction on all matters and disputes arising out of and relating to the Site.
12.Make an Offer/Buy Now Terms
Chawadi Assurance for Buyers
- You should “Make an Offer” of the amount which you wish to pay for the product.
- Once your offer is accepted, you can make the payment online.
- The listed item will be delivered to you by our logistics partner, and only after the delivery, payment will be released to seller.
The BUY NOW purchase option enables a quick sale and implies that you agree to buy the product at the listed price. We will facilitate the payment directly and notify the seller. Once the payment has been made, we will schedule and complete the delivery. If you wish to negotiate, please choose ‘Make an Offer’ purchase option.
The fees applicable depend on the city, weight, category and price of the item you are purchasing. Click here to understand the specific charges that may apply.
There is a penalty of Rs. 200 for any cancellation initiated by the buyer after payment is made.
The fees applicable fees depend on the city, weight, category and price of the item you are selling. Click here to understand the specific charges that may apply.
A promotional discount may apply depending on the city, weight, category and price of the item you are buying. Click here to calculate the exact discount applicable.
A promotional discount may apply depending on the city, weight, category and price of the item you are selling. Click here to calculate the exact discount applicable.
Note: Chawadi reserves the right to change the fee & discounts any time without prior intimation.
Please be informed that there is a penalty of Rs. 200 for any cancellation initiated by the Buyer after payment is made.
Buyer can choose to pay or can be asked to pay a refundable token amount while making a serious offer.
- Chawadi Jobs:
- As a job-seeker you agree that Chawadi will not be responsible for any payments made to a third-party (including verified companies).
- As a recruiter you agree that misuse or fraud use of this platform will result in deactivation and/or further action. You also agree to adhere to all job posting rules.
- Instant Hire product:
- A fees will be charged on the Instant Hire product for accessing the candidate contact details. All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds for partially used credits.
- No Guarantee of Business:
- Chawadi does not guarantee business from the leads generated. Chawadi shall not be responsible or liable at all to the Advertiser if no business or business leads are generated for the Advertiser through premium ads on the Website. Advertiser understands that Chawadi’s only obligation is to place the premium ads on the Website in the manner provided for in these Terms. Accuracy of the information/content provided is the advertiser’s responsibility and Chawadi will not be held responsible for false claims made by the advertiser.
- Advertiser Obligations:
- Advertiser agrees to make all payments due to Chawadi in a timely and efficient manner and shall ensure that cheques issued do not bounce. Advertiser shall not issue stop-payment instructions in respect of such cheques. The Advertiser recognizes that Chawadi has the right to take action under the Negotiable Instruments Act 1881 in respect of bounced cheques or take any other action available in law. Advertiser represents and warrants that (i) it is a bona fide business organization or individual carrying on business in relation to the items disclosed to Chawadi, (ii) it has the right to use the trademarks it claims to have the right to use (iii) the business carried on by Advertiser does not violate or infringe upon any law or regulation and all registrations required for carrying on business have been procured by it and (iv) all Classified(s) provided to Chawadi is/are and shall at all times be accurate and complete, and entirely lawful. The Advertiser shall bear complete responsibility for the quality of its goods and/or services, and Chawadi shall bear no responsibility for the same. The Advertiser agrees to be bound by all applicable policies of Chawadi relating to Classifieds and the Website, and the Advertiser grants to Chawadi a worldwide intellectual property license (including a copyright and trade mark licence) relating to all intellectual property rights in the Classified(s) to do any acts in relation to the Classified(s) which Chawadi may deem necessary to fulfil its obligations.
- “If all premium ads available to the advertiser under the subscription scheme are not used / availed of during the period of these terms, the unutilized units shall be forfeited – no refund shall be made and neither can the unutilized credits be carried forward.”
- Premium ads are prioritized over free ads on the website on search and browse pages. The sequence in which premium ads are displayed will be controlled by Chawadi’s search algorithm which is Chawadi’s sole prerogative. The advertiser shall not have a say in determining the sequence in which ads are displayed within the set of premium ads matching a user’s search query/browse intent.
- Banner slots will be provided as per the details mentioned in the contract form. Banner slots will be shared between Chawadi’s advertisers who have subscribed for a particular slot and the banners will be displayed on a rotational basis. A banner will be displayed only after seeking approval from the advertiser. Chawadi does not provide any guarantees of impressions or clicks for the client banners.
- Verified leads refer to consumers who have expressed interest in consuming a service from a service provider recommended by Chawadi. Any dispute regarding any verified lead shall be raised to Chawadi within 3 days of the lead being sent in writing/email and will be analyzed on a case by case basis. Chawadi’s decision will be final and binding in the event of a dispute regarding a lead.
- The advertiser acknowledge that any liability/claim in respect of the products or services promoted through the Advertisements under the scope of this Agreement shall be solely to the account of the advertiser. It is agreed that in case of any claims in respect of the same against Chawadi, the advertiser shall indemnify Chawadi against all such claims and damages.
- Advertiser shall procure and keep valid all necessary licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents, approvals and registrations with/from any government department, agency or authority required for it to perform the Services in accordance with this Agreement and bear sole and exclusive responsibility for all compliances with such licenses permissions, authorizations, consents, approvals and registrations.
- Chawadi doesn’t support sellers to sell imported mobile phones, electronic items on its platform, through any means. If at all any such product is being sold on Chawadi Website, Chawadi is not responsible being a Marketplace.
- All the Certified/Refurbished handsets, electronic items listed on Chawadi belong to sellers. Refurbishment of the products is being done by the Sellers and Chawadi is not responsible for the Quality of any of these products.
- Chawadi doesn’t qualify the condition of the phones listed on its platform or transacted through the online flow of Doorstep/Bazaar flows.
- Chawadi Doorstep/Bazaar is a Consumer-to-Consumer used good platform and hence any transaction done through the flow attracts GST at 18% of the Convenience fee charged and not on the value of the used item sold.