Here are several safety guidelines to help make sure that your usage of Chawadi is safe. While community members who use Chawadi have success with buying, selling, renting or connecting with others. It is important we help keep our community members safe from people attempting to scam or defraud them. We have found that one of the best ways to address this problem is to ensure that all transactions take place locally and in-person.
We request you to take the following precautions:
- When buying or selling, you should meet in-person to see the product
Learn as much as you can about who you are meeting or trading with before you complete the transaction Chawadi is all about local transactions.
- Never send or wire money to sellers or buyers
This includes never mailing a cheque or using wire payment services to pay for items found on Chawadi.
- Be wary of Users with no reliable contact information
Including those who respond slowly or not at all.
- Chawadi does not offer any sort of buyer protection
Any emails or websites that talk about such systems are scams, even if they have the Chawadi logo. If you receive any emails promoting these services, please forward the message to us.
- Never provide your personal or banking information (e.g. credit card number) to others over the Internet
Never give out your Chawadi password, even if asked to do so in an email supposedly sent by Chawadi.
- Protect personal information
For example, do not share your home address unless you know the other person and want them to visit you.
- Make yourself aware of common scams and fraud
Do not believe the promise of large sums of money for your help in any task.
- Inform Chawadi of any attempted fraud or suspicious emails, Ads, or other activity by community members
In case of fraud, report it to the local authorities and inform us.
- Use common sense
If something sounds too good to be true, it’s probably not.